Fashion

TURBAN | VINTAGE WOMEN’S FASHION

Turban, how to style turban , Bennymakachi blog

Hey guys!

Welcome to today’s post. How’s your week been? Mine? Well.. I wish I could say that I am my usual bubbly self writing this.

Turban, vintage Inspo, vintage, turban

My week has been truly rough and stressful.  I know it’s just the middle of the week but, I feel like shit. This whole Hacker/ WordPress debacle got to me real bad. Yea, my blog got hacked again.

Although , being the least tech-y person did nothing to help at all. Please, feel free to send me a message if you are really good at this tech thing or have some nuggets you think might help brush up on the basics 💕. This, post has been sitting in my draft for a while now. The Issue above being the reason for the delay.

Any who, this outfit came together as a result of my throw on ‘mix match’, (what’s that you may ask?) well… it’s a little thing I do when I’ve got music and clothes in my face. (I start to throw pieces on and mix match things that one normally wouldn’t, until I come up with something I like ). Collins was my Dj and photog for the day!

Vintage, Turban, Bennymakachi, mix match

First thing that came to my mind was a turban and bloody red lips. So, It all started with me wrapping two head scarves to get the volume and structure of a turban. Then came the short sleeve dress my sister gave me. Oh (the sleeves are tucked in 😂).

I threw on the yellow blouse because I liked the shoulder pad and the way it looked with the dress. (I remember vividly as a child when my mom and her friends were all about their shoulder padded clothes. Vintage women’s fashion was and still is lit.

Boy, did they live for it! I on the other hand would just stare at them. Sheepishly daydreaming on when I’ll be grown enough to wear shoulder pad items). 🙈he bold red lipstick and earrings gave me the dash of outlandish I needed. I was thinking India. Duh! Turban! India!

Does the above story help you understand  where the vintage Inspo of this turban look came about. 😜 A pair of strapping heels and mini purse later and here we are!

PS: shooting in the afternoons are a no do for me. I hate sweating through a shoot or struggling with the harsh effects it gives my photos. Not again!

What’s your take on this look? Would you wear it?  What did you like most about vintage women’s fashion? Ever had a ‘throw on mix match’ moment? Check here for moreTurban, How to style turban, shift dress.
Love, Bennymakachi.

14 Comments

1. Oreoluwa

June 21, 2017 at 1:35 pm

I am shaking reading this post! shaking because I am so happy. the details in this post are so beautiful!
    and yes, amen to turbans… I have been about this lifestyle since late last year and I am not turning back anytime soon.
    P.S: I NEED THAT SHIRT IN MY LIFE.

Oréoluwa’s blog

1. Benita Makachi

June 21, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Thank you for your supo and sweet words always, Ore mi! 💕😂.

I’m glad you’re agree that turbans are lit. It’s totally yours when you come back. Xx

2. Sogie

June 21, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Shooting when the sun is out is just annoying, sweating anyhow lol. Girl would message you on the hack.
    You look amazing the red lippie and the glasses added all the oomph NEEDed. Love the look

1. Benita Makachi

June 21, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Thank you so much, Sogie! It’s an absolute no! I’m not gonna do it anymore.

I’m excited and waiting for your message. Xx!

3. jolaade

June 21, 2017 at 3:27 pm

I loveeeeeee d look 😍😍😍😍😍
    D yellow top, d heels nd d headwrap ohemgeeeee it’s beautiful, i didn’t even realize u can make use of two scarves to get a full turban LOOK until nao. U killed it gurl, i LovE it 💯🔥😍😍😍
    P.s sorry bout d frequent hacking 😘

1. Benita Makachi

June 21, 2017 at 3:31 pm

My dearest, Jolaade!

Gracias mucho! I’m happy you love the look and learned something new from the post. Thanks for your support.

Xo!

4. Jane. F

June 21, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Head wraps are so in and I love how you combined the outfits. Sorry about the hacking issue dear.

1. Benita Makachi

June 21, 2017 at 3:31 pm

You are so kind, Jane. Good to know we are both fans of turban. Thank you!

5. COLLINS BADEWA

June 21, 2017 at 4:38 pm

Yaaay! You’re back. Love the post, dear. It’s very detailed.

1. Benita Makachi

June 21, 2017 at 8:03 pm

Yes, I am. Super excited to be back. Thanks to you!

6. Ada

June 22, 2017 at 8:47 am

Im in love with this look.. the Turban andthe yellow padded topp did it for me. Very well girl http://www.adagirl.com.ng

7. meilifisayo

June 22, 2017 at 4:08 pm

love this look wish I could rock a turban. you look great. sorry about the tech issues.

1. Benita Makachi

June 22, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Thank you! I think you’ll look totally pull off a turban. I’m just glad it’s been resolved.