CASUAL WAY TO SUIT UP.
Happy, Sunday Funday!
What did you do this weekend?
Me? I’m a light headed drinker. So, I had the worse feeling ever after some glasses of delicious white wine. Talk about pain and pleasure😀. Hangover is the devil, you guys!
Oh, wanna know more about me? Here.
If I had a penny for every time I wore suit, I would undoubtedly be the most broke girl in the world.
I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve worn a suit. However, one thing that you might like to know is after the last time I got suited up, believe me I can’t wait to get some more in my wardrobe.
Now, suit is different things to different people. For some it’s boring, for some it’s sexy, for others it depicts power and for most sophistication and class. A lot of us will however agree that we love us some sharp good looking guy in a well fitted suit. Can I get an Amen or what 😂? 🙏🏾
Isn’t it just so good to know that suits aren’t those clothes you wear only to the office or business related activities? One can now rock their suit to a play date, hangout, on a date if I dare say and so on. This is my opinion. Feel free to disagree nicely in the comment section, darling!
I’m gonna share a few tips to keep in mind when you want to rock your suit in a casual or sporty luxe way.
- Try earthy tones and bright colors: I’m talking pink, yellow, orange, nude, blush, copper etc. let’s color the town rad, shall we? We can keep the blacks for boardrooms. That’s not to say black won’t bang or anything in that line but add a little spice.
- Go for unique cut, style and pattern:Yes, the world is evolving. So is fashion and style and so should you. In your own way though. As you can see from the suit I’m wearing…the cute is unique. It even has this bow type thing on the side. How sway! Suits aren’t all heavy/thick fabrics nowadays.
- Play around with ideas: In other words rock it the unconventional way. Which is a no brainer if your intent is casual/ cool look, right? I’m wearing mine with a bralet to give off a sporty, flirty and carefree vibe. Try something different. I know I’d love to see the outcome. 💕
- Accessorize: Now, incase you didn’t already know. Accessories have the ability to sculpt, make (a statement) or break an outfit. So, while you wanna go the simple or minimalist route with your accessories, do not be scared to make a statement. Especially, if you wanna tell a themed outfit story. You can pop out your brooch, rings, bracelets and the rest. 🌸
- The right fit and attitude: as I earlier said. Most of us agree we love a sharp good looking man in a well fitted suit. But guess what? That doesn’t only apply to just the male gender. In whatever way you choose to style or wear your suit, please make sure it fits right. I’m not saying you need a tight suit. What I’m saying is… if your preference is a roomy, slightly baggy or whatever, just make sure it sits right on you (not so tight that you’re unable to raise a hand to say ‘hello’ or too loose you look like you’re drowning in fabric 👎🏾). Now, that we’ve got the right fit and size part. Go on and rock your suit with confidence and a rockstar attitude to go with it. 🙌🏾
So, I’m I gonna be getting tags on my Instagram of you my lovely readers getting casually suited up or what? Follow me on Instagram, sweetie (@Bennymakachi).
Have a lovely week ahead and do not forget to be stylish, kind to yourself and others. 💕