20 FACTS ABOUT ME | GET TO KNOW ME POST.
Long time no post/activity, Aye? Well, Its been a busy and incredible two months. I want to take time out to officially welcome you to my blog and introduce myself. This is something I never did much with my WordPress. I reasoned it would be a good way to start and let you guys get to know me. Perhaps fall in love with me and my blog. (Hellur!) ?
Before I dive into the get to know me part. Let me address what I think some of my lovely readers are itching to ask. ‘Benny, why didn’t you export your content from WordPress on here?’.
Well, let me say here right now, that it took me a lot of back and forth to decide if I wanted to continue with what i had there on here or start on anew. I finally resolved to start anew. Because, I have drawn up goals which I’m working towards and it’s of utmost importance to me that I give you guys relevant posts to read and good photos to go with them. There’s something I absolutely love about start anew. There’s an energy that comes with it once you wrap your brain around the purpose of why you’re starting afresh in the first place.
Again, I welcome you all (old and new readers) to this beautiful blog of mine and would love if you stick around. Get to know me below! ?
- I am the last: Of four. (Two boys and girls).
- My name is: Benita Ifeoma Makachi (Benny for short. My blog name is coined from a combination of my abbreviated first name and surname).
- I am: Nigerian from Anambra state. ✌?️
- I speak: Igbo, Hausa very well and very little Yoruba.
- I am an incredibly private person: So much so that one could roll with me for 5 years and only know the basics about me. It is to this regard that I constantly struggle with writing personal posts on my blog… I hope that changes as I’m working on it and believe you guys would help me too.
- Why do I blog: Because, I love the opportunity it affords me to express myself, work with and meet creatives all around the world. I especially like how I’m able to document my growth and explore a range of topics with you awesome people.
- I’m so not: A morning person at all. If I wake up anything before 8am I feel groggy for most of the day or at least that was the case before discovered and started to practice stretching. It’s helped me a lot with awakening my body and being able to wake up early.
- The first thing I do when I wake up: Is to stretch for no less than 30 seconds. ( I love it! It awakens my body).
- I am addicted to: Green tea! Naturally my digestive system is slow af! It used to take ages to digest my food but green tea has helped me change that narrative amid other benefits.
- I am a certified Weirdo: Not because it’s become cool, but because, I can’t help it, it’s just who I am. E.g. (I could never take corn flakes with cold water, I’ll purge. I constantly have conversations with myself aloud and on rare occasions when I get caught, I pretend to be singing. No matter how cold it gets I could never sleep if my feet are in the duvet/cover, all part of my body can be covered except my feet. That’s the only way I can get sleep! ?).
- Favorite Quotes: “Without commitment, you’ll never start, Without consistency you’ll never finish”- Denzel Washington.
- “If you keep doing what you’ve always done, You’ll keep getting what you’ve always got.” -Henry Ford
- Favorite places to shop: Thrift shops, Zara, Asos Marketplace and Topshop.
- My birthday is 2nd October: I owe you a call if you guess my age right. ?
- Three things I love a whole lot: My Mom, my personal space and a spent day.
- As far as university education: I am a diplomatic historian. (History and international studies Major).
- I love style and fashion: These brings out the experimental part of me and light up my mood. Style over fashion tho!
- I haven’t traveled as much as I’d love to: But, I’m on a mission to change that this year (Yes to solo trips).
- One thing I miss and pray for on a daily is: To have is a little tribe of genuine girlfriends (soul sisters). With great drive, ambition and passion to truly live life.
- Top 3 all time favorite movies: Coming To America, Save The Last Dance, Coco Before Chanel.
- One of my weakness: Is not following through to the end with things. Sometimes I just let go to easily and I loathe it!!!
So, There you have it? I hope you enjoyed living in my head for a while. I’d love you to feel free to ask whatever you want to know about me on the comment section. Do stick around! Do not forget to follow, like, share, comment and subscribe.