Fashion

20 FACTS ABOUT ME | GET TO KNOW ME POST.

Hello guys!

Welcome! Welcome!!

Long time no post/activity, Aye? Well, Its been a busy and incredible two months. I want to take time out to officially welcome you to my blog and introduce myself. This is something I never did much with my WordPress. I reasoned it would be a good way to start and let you guys get to know me. Perhaps fall in love with me and my blog. (Hellur!) ?

Before I dive into the get to know me part. Let me address what I think some of my lovely readers are itching to ask. ‘Benny, why didn’t you export your content from WordPress on here?’.

Well, let me say here right now, that it took me a lot of back and forth to decide if I wanted to continue with what i had there on here or start on anew. I finally resolved to start anew. Because, I have drawn up goals which I’m working towards and it’s of utmost importance to me that I give you guys relevant posts to read and good photos to go with them. There’s something I absolutely love about start anew. There’s an energy that comes with it once you wrap your brain around the purpose of why you’re starting afresh in the first place.

Again, I welcome you all (old and new readers) to this beautiful blog of mine and would love if you stick around. Get to know me below! ?

• I am the last: Of four. (Two boys and girls).
  • My name is: Benita Ifeoma Makachi (Benny for short. My blog name is coined from a combination of my abbreviated first name and surname).
  • I am: Nigerian from Anambra state. ✌?️
  • I speak: Igbo, Hausa very well and very little Yoruba.

• I am an incredibly private person: So much so that one could roll with me for 5 years and only know the basics about me. It is to this regard that I constantly struggle with writing personal posts on my blog… I hope that changes as I’m working on it and believe you guys would help me too.
  • Why do I blog: Because, I love the opportunity it affords me to express myself, work with and meet creatives all around the world. I especially like how I’m able to document my growth and explore a range of topics with you awesome people.
  • I’m so not: A morning person at all. If I wake up anything before 8am I feel groggy for most of the day or at least that was the case before discovered and started to practice stretching. It’s helped me a lot with awakening my body and being able to wake up early.

• The first thing I do when I wake up:  Is to stretch for no less than 30 seconds. ( I love it! It awakens my body).
  • I am addicted to: Green tea! Naturally my digestive system is slow af! It used to take ages to digest my food but green tea has helped me change that narrative amid other benefits.
  • I am a certified Weirdo: Not because it’s become cool, but because, I can’t help it, it’s just who I am. E.g. (I could never take corn flakes with cold water, I’ll purge. I constantly have conversations with myself aloud and on rare occasions when I get caught, I pretend to be singing. No matter how cold it gets I could never sleep if my feet are in the duvet/cover, all part of my body can be covered except my feet. That’s the only way I can get sleep! ?).
  • Favorite Quotes: “Without commitment, you’ll never start, Without consistency you’ll never finish”- Denzel Washington.
  •  “If you keep doing what you’ve always done, You’ll keep getting what you’ve always got.” -Henry Ford
  • Favorite places to shop: Thrift shops, Zara, Asos Marketplace and Topshop.
  • My birthday is 2nd October: I owe you a call if you guess my age right. ?

• Three things I love a whole lot: My Mom, my personal space and a spent day.
  • As far as university education: I am a diplomatic historian. (History and international studies Major).
  • I love style and fashion: These brings out the experimental part of me and light up my mood. Style over fashion tho!
  • I haven’t traveled as much as I’d love to: But, I’m on a mission to change that this year (Yes to solo trips).
  • One thing I miss and pray for on a daily is: To have is a little tribe of genuine girlfriends (soul sisters). With great drive, ambition and passion to truly live life.
  • Top 3 all time favorite movies: Coming To America, Save The Last Dance, Coco Before Chanel.
  • One of my weakness: Is not following through to the end with things. Sometimes I just let go to easily and I loathe it!!!

So, There you have it? I hope you enjoyed living in my head for a while. I’d love you to feel free to ask whatever you want to know about me on the comment section. Do stick around! Do not forget to follow, like, share, comment and subscribe.

Love, Bennymakachi!

63 Comments

1. katrinajeancarter

March 1, 2017 at 8:32 am

I’m probably going to sound like your biggest fan–and If that even is the case, then so be it because I am seriously geeking over these pics! I know we’ve already discussed this over text but I’m putting it out there again for people to see 🙂 So happy to continue following your blogging journey. you’ve always given us quality work from the beginning and I know it’s only going to get better. I can’t wait!

thank you for opening up to us as well!

2. Collins

March 1, 2017 at 11:41 am

Yass! The best girl is back. Glad to have you back bigger and better dear.

Thestreethaute.wordpress.com

March 1, 2017 at 11:49 am

Thank you, Buddy! You’ve been so instrumental to this journey. Xo!

3. MEEJAKES

March 1, 2017 at 11:50 am

Beautiful First Post, I LOVE It And After Our Last CONVERSATION I Am ALSO THINKING Of STARING ANEW. Welcome Back!

March 1, 2017 at 11:54 am

Awww! Thank you. I’m glad we had that conversation. I took some note for self. Co!

4. Adaoraah

March 1, 2017 at 11:52 am

Congratulations Again Dear. I Have Always Wanted To Learn HAUSA. ?

5. Oreoluwa

March 1, 2017 at 12:54 pm

hELLO, bENNY! I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU… THIS IS A HUGE STEP, PLUS YOUR FIRST POST IS A BRILLANT IDEA. nO, WE KNOW YOU BETTER! wELDONE, DOLL X
    Oréoluwa’s blog

March 1, 2017 at 1:15 pm

Awww! How kind of you. Thank you, sweetie! I’m glad you now do.

6. Ada

March 1, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Congrats dear. So ypu are from anambra state. I’m also from there. I like your blog outlaY, so fine plus your pictures are really nice too http://www.adagirl.com.ng

March 1, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Thank you! Nwanne’mo! I’m glad you do. Glad to have you back here!

7. Funke olotu

March 1, 2017 at 4:19 pm

Hey corn flakes without cold water girl, good to have you back! And it’s great that you finally decided to start afresh, I’m rebranding and that’s it’s a constant struggle on if I should start afresh or import my old posts.

I love your pictures and I knew you where a weirdo from the first time I stumbled on your instagram, like hellurr that’s why you’re awesome.

I hope you don’t quit blogging ever and a sister would love to be in your gang of creative!

Good luck and have fun with your journey

March 1, 2017 at 5:49 pm

? You just cracked me up! Feels good to know I was missed! That’s a dire decision to be made, dear. I hope you make the best one.

Really, it’s that obvious? Oh my! I won’t. Not with encouraging comments like you. You’re so welcome. Thank you!

8. Thetosintoge

March 1, 2017 at 4:39 pm

You’re such a babe lol! Yes to having soul sisters with common goals of self IMPROVEMENT. Yes to travelling a lot more too. Congrats b!

March 1, 2017 at 5:50 pm

*covers face with hand* Yes to not only setting goals but working and making efforts to achieving. Thank you, Tosin!

9. Praise Abu

March 2, 2017 at 7:50 am

Welcome back girl☺
    I really enjoy being in your head even if it didn’t last for long. Funny how we have a lot in common, i get the whole being a weirdo, i can’t help it too.
    cheers to new beginnings.
    I love the new blog outlay and your pictures are so clean.
    Hope you will share some photography tips with your readers?
    <a href="http://www.mystylelookbookseries.blogspot.com.ng"My Style Look Book Series

March 2, 2017 at 8:30 am

Feels good to be back!
      You did? Hahaha. I’ll do some more often. Tell me what we got in common I want to hear. ?

Thank you, again!

I will work on putting out a post on that. Thanks for your response.

10. Lade

March 4, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Honey!!! Congrats on your new baby, she’s gorgeous!!! I definitely know the feeling that comes with starting afresh and this is such a great start.
    These pictures are pretty for a weirdo haha and I’m also a very private person…maybe a little too much even but Hayyy stop hating on the cold water x cereal gang. It’s dope lol

Toyinwithfashion.com

March 4, 2017 at 9:56 pm

Awww! Thanks darling! Lol! Pretty for a weirdo? Shade or na?! Yea, it feels like it’s all safer on the inside. I won’t ?

11. Author Brandi Kennedy

March 4, 2017 at 7:10 pm

This was a great post and a great way to introduce yourself to your readers! I found a lot to relate to, too – I love Save The Last Dance also, Your quotes are awesome, and I am a morning stretcher, too!

12. Labakeany

March 4, 2017 at 9:36 pm

Lol i think i eat anything once its food related. Im going to look for coco before chanel movie . We are in the same boat on travels and True girlfrieNd hUnt, hope to rectify that asap.

I love your dress in this post, and the whole boat layout just screams happiness and freedom On a whole new level. Welcome back, Looking out for more of you. ✌?

March 6, 2017 at 6:16 pm

Hahaha! Awon food gang! Please, do. You will enjoy every bit. I hope you do !

Thank you! It was Thrifter in Abuja. Yea, I did feel free and happy and scared also. That dam is 20ft deep yo

13. Just One mommy's opinion

March 5, 2017 at 4:32 am

Love your post! My birthday is October 1st. Yay for October babies! 🙂

14. Shona

March 5, 2017 at 9:32 am

I’m so so glad…I really love the pictures and I can’t believe you know how to speak hausa..very interesting.
    Happy blogging dear.

March 6, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Thank you! I know right? I love the shock on people’s faces when they realize I do

15. Tiffany Bacon

March 5, 2017 at 2:03 pm

What a wonderful introduction. I look forward to following your blog and your journey. Nice to meet you!

16. Richard Bivins

March 5, 2017 at 8:03 pm

Great getting to know you post. Good luck on your blogging journey.

March 6, 2017 at 6:44 pm

I appreciate your good wish. Thank you

17. colleen wool

March 5, 2017 at 9:24 pm

What an awesome post. Nice to meet you.

18. David Elliott

March 6, 2017 at 4:09 am

This is a Great list of things About you. It definitely is an inspiration to me of things that i can do with my own work. And im with you On the being private. Im having to overcome that here.

March 6, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Awww! I’m glad I could touch an inspiration cord in you. It’s something we gotta let loose on a bit so that our readers can get to know us more. Thanks for stopping by!

19. G&D Blog

March 6, 2017 at 5:45 am

Oh my! It’s so nice to meet you in this way. I wish we (my hubby and I) can be part of your tribe that you’re wanting to have…i mean yes, soul sista’s! will look forward for your posts! 😀

March 6, 2017 at 6:09 pm

You are too kind. You both are very welcome to be a part. Yes! To soul sisters. Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to yours too!

20. Ruth I.

March 6, 2017 at 10:24 am

Hello Benny, nice to meet you! This is the first time I came across your bog and I can say it’s interesting. I wish you all success 🙂

March 6, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Thank you, Ruth! I’m glad you stopped by! Thanks for your wishes.

21. Elizabeth O.

March 6, 2017 at 1:20 pm

I am loving this energy that you have for your blog. Thanks for sharing all those little details about yourself. I’m looking forward to more of your posts! It’s always exciting when you have a new thing going on with your blog.

March 6, 2017 at 6:14 pm

This made me smile! I’m glad you enjoyed the post. I look forward to having you back. Very exciting!

22. Adriana Gil

March 6, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Amazing! I love your blog and the way you sat things. Keep doing great posts like this! xoxo

March 6, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Thank you! I’m glad you love it. Do check on us often.

23. Erin

March 6, 2017 at 4:30 pm

It’s so nice to “meet” you, Benny! I love reading posts like this, it’s such a great way to get a peek into the minds of other bloggers!

March 6, 2017 at 6:12 pm

Thanks, Erin! In glad I made this post. I’m super happy you like it. Thank you for stopping by!

24. U N B O T H E R E D. - Benny Makachi

March 7, 2017 at 6:50 am

[…] In case you missed my get to know me/20 facts about me post click here. […]

March 7, 2017 at 9:04 am

Yes, dear! I wish you were around. Awww… now I’m blushing. Hehehehe! Thank you!

25. Sara

March 7, 2017 at 7:54 pm

Nice to meet You! Nice presentation You are so coool!

26. Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen

March 7, 2017 at 9:43 pm

It’s nice to know more about you, Benny. I love Green Tea too!

March 8, 2017 at 7:51 am

It’s seems we’re a lot on the green tea wagon.

27. Alexandra Moresco

March 7, 2017 at 10:44 pm

I also blog as a form of self expression! I totally get it!!

Al + LEx

March 8, 2017 at 7:55 am

Good to know someone can relate.

28. Aish Das-Padihari

March 7, 2017 at 11:33 pm

Great to learn so much about you. . Great post. Thanks for sharing.

29. Vincent Desmond

March 8, 2017 at 3:14 pm

loved this post!!! same here on the blogging thing. I also loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your pictures

quirksandoutfits.wordpress.com

30. Paula Stewart

March 8, 2017 at 5:27 pm

I often share about my family on my blog but have a very hard time talking about myself. I don’t like it when others do either. I don’t take compliments well.

March 8, 2017 at 5:36 pm

I can totally relate. But, sometimes opening up does good.

31. Pastillas de Leche by Ed Joven

March 9, 2017 at 4:15 pm

I love reading your post and your photos are great! Happy blogging Benny!

March 9, 2017 at 4:53 pm

I’m glad you do. I appreciate it!

32. Kylee

March 10, 2017 at 1:30 am

Ugh I feel you on the morning person thing. anytime before 8 and I feel like i’m not even a person. so excited to see things from your perspective – and also, love that dress.

March 10, 2017 at 8:43 am

I know right? I low key envy people who wake up so early and get super active and excited. I’m glad you can relate.

33. Jolaade

March 12, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Awwwnawwwwn benny, love d new space nd d pictures are really beautiful too.