Denim jacket is a wardrobe essential.
Seasons may come and go but Denim jacket is here to stay. Not only has it established itself as a classic and wardrobe staple, Its become the quintessential symbol of coolness. Denim jacket has become increasingly popular – Designers, fashion week attendees and style lovers continuously find a new take to this item, whether it be for a quick grab and go moment, strut down the runway or planned outfit. Personally, a denim jacket has been a key style item in my closet for as long as I can remember and that’s not about to change anytime soon. Some of my favorite way to style it is with bold stripes or all black skinny jean outfit.
3 Reasons why you should own a denim jacket.
– Versatility: one basic closet staple that completes your look yet give each outfit a different and super cool finish. A versatile item that can be styled with almost anything or by anyone (regardless of body shape or style preference). One can go for a chic, androgynous, classy or casual look, or wear it around the waist, over a sweatshirt for a layered look, day or night. Denim jackets not only make great transitional outfit, the styling possibilities are almost endless. I know this because, it has saved me several potential bad outfit days.
– Classic: as earlier mentioned, denim jackets have stood the taste of time, its one fashion piece that is always in. The denim jacket is one of the most classic pieces you can have in your wardrobe. There are so few fashion items that manage to cut across trends over the years yet remain timeless. Good quality denim jacket is a worthy investment/splurge, since you’ll need it to last you a long time. If you’re looking for a classic piece to add to your closet, look no further. Grab you a good one of a thrift store or hight street brands like ASOS and Zara.
– Comfort and Easy to Style: comfort is key to many when making fashion choices. The denim jacket strikes a good balance between comfort and styling ease – it will go with anything you own. The ultimate grab and go item, allows you the luxury to look like a million buck even if you only had just 10 minutes to put together an outfit. Works with every color I know, this item is one of the easiest material to care for – it’s not in any way high maintenance. The denim jacket has become a summer and winter staple thanks to styling ease it affords one.
Things to consider when buying a denim jacket + few styling tips.
– A good fitting denim jacket is priority. Now, don’t confuse this for a tight fit – depending on your preference, you might lean toward oversize or a more fitted fit, either way, try to buy a good fitting denim jacket that’s comfortable enough to walk and sit in.
– Go for color and patterns that are flexible. Yes, different patterns of denim jackets have seen the light of day thanks to trends and new takes. For instance, go with a hip length denim jacket than a cropped one or a solid blue colored one instead of a white one.
– Lastly, confidence is what makes most people look cool and effortless in a denim jacket. It doesn’t matter if you’re dressing it up or down. Remember, be confident!
Here, I styled my denim jacket with a black long sleeve shirt and Ankara mini skirt to a mixer event I attended the last week. This mixer provided me the opportunity to début my new hair cut outside Instagram – I wanted a chilled, grown and print-astic look. Hence, the Ankara and leopard print heels. What do you think of this look? Do you have a preferred way of styling denim jacket?