Ever wondered why/ if you should thrift or whether you’re missing any thing in fashion if you don’t thrift? Allow me introduce you to my thrift finds. After which you’ll decide for yourself, yea? A number of you have asked from time to time where I get certain pieces in my wardrobe. So, asides shopping online from high street stores like Zara (which I particularly love for shoes and purses), Asos (for a range of labels, affordability and free shipping), Topshop – etc. I thrift often, as I believe that thrift gives one the opportunity to own unique, quality pieces at a steal if only you have the right eye, patience and bargaining power.
– Today is the first time I’d share thrift tales on the blog. I mentioned earlier that they’d be some exciting additions to the blog. I’m not playing you guys this year. I’ve shared with you all a few of my favorite thrift finds this month. Also, I’d like your opinion on if I should make thrift finds a monthly thing as well as if you guys would want thrift shopping guide or tips about where and when to thrift in Abuja.
– By now, you know the role of handbag in women’s fashion. Weaved bags (weaved anything in fact) has made the rounds on the internet and blogosphere.This purse is not the regular type you see everywhere. I love that it is unique and not just another arm candy, it is functional and appealing to the eyes as well. It has a minimalist design with the right amount of sass and statement. The quality of this bag is laudable. its weaved and mixed with genuine leather, doesn’t pack on dust or lint. I love the cute size especially how effortlessly it goes with different outfits. I got this purse for one thousand Naira only (#1000). Holla!
– Yet another quality item and brand name snagged from thrift. I felt excited when I picked up this sandal from the seller’s wares. If you’re an OG thriftier; then you know to never show excitement or how much you love an item (at least with my experience thrifting in Nigeria), lest the seller doubles the price. This sandal is simple, clean and chic. its makes a good combo with jeans, short and dresses too. I also bought this at the rate of one thousand Naira. its safe to saying it will be making lots of appearance on here and my Instagram. ( Follow me, pretty please!).
Polka Dot Dress.
– When it comes to classic items in women’s fashion that have stood the test of trends and time, polka dot remains top 5 of whatever list you want to create. This dress makes the perfect fit for a date night, Brunch with your girls, summer travels… name it!! A swipe of red lips stain brains the beauty of this stunning polka dot dress to 100% in a minute. I know you’re itching to know how much I bought it?? Lol! One hundred Naira (#100) Yes, it’s not your eyes; you read right. Remember when I styled this dress here?
– If you remember, I mentioned here that most of the things you couldn’t stand in your teen years, will become what you’ll love or begin to embrace in your adult life. Beret is one of those things for me. You couldn’t pay me to where one back in high school.. I’d gladly be punished than wear one. Today, beret makes one of my favorite accessory ever! it takes me from black panther mood, to French girl at the café to goth English girl. I go all around the world in my beret. This cost me 300 Naira. The quality is so superb, I’m smitten by it.
There you go darlings. My thrift tale and favorites at the moment. Feel free to let me know which of these items you love most and won’t mind styling.