Happy New Year to you and yours! From the part of my heart that’s filled with love and light; I wish you all the very best in your endeavors in the year 2018 and beyond. A lot of us love the idea of new beginnings, the feeling of hope, aspiration and renewed energy that comes with it. Perhaps, this is one of the reasons why New Year and
New Year resolution is popular and very well celebrated or at least that was what I thought before countless instagram, twitter, Pinterest and google post I’ve read and come across in the past few days made me double take. Is there a decline of New Year Resolutions? More on that below. lets gawk at these stylish French girl inspired outfit, while we gist a little about 2017 and ‘my not so personal’ to do for 2018. Shall we?
2017 was a year that I still can’t find words that adequately explain it..I just know that I lived as much I as I could, I experienced a lot of personal growth and self-awareness, which I’ll credit to the way I decided to respond to/and carry out change, the conscious efforts made at adding value to myself, being valuable to others and demanding some of that from others. It was an emotional year guys! I let myself feel and love like I’ve never done before and honestly, I have no regrets about this…just loads of memories and experience.
Some of the most interesting highlights from last year outside graduating university, conquering my fear of yoga, achieving a balanced fitness lifestyle, getting a better understanding of what I want my blog to represent and cultivating a personal relationship with God, was being the most vulnerable and aggressively truthful to myself.
I am a little strong-headed, very opinionated and super private. Before now, this sometimes made me a pain in the ass, as I hardly ever admitted to my flaws nor tried to see/understand things from other people’s point of view. As hard as it was to work on and as easy as you may think it is to openly tell you guys about it here.. truth is it took me a long way to get here. The first step into that positive direction took place in 2017. Oh, hurdles weren’t left out too, I got my fair share of anxiety and trials which I talked about here and here.
Those post came from a place of truth and vulnerability, I recommend. Not forgetting my Nysc 3 weeks orientation camp experience. Yes, you didn’t think I forgot that did you? I have an in-depth and detailed post that will answer all your question and give you a good view into my experience. Keep with this blog, love. Soon come!
Now, let me share with you guys a few of my 2018 dos.
– Engage, share and actively interact with contents of other creatives especially, those that resonate with me. I am a tad bit guilty of being reclusive, steady debating within myself if its OK to comment or show love to a post exactly as I feel it, not because I’m a snub or too cool for school. it’s just that I am an overly private person..remember?.
However, that is no excuse. I’ve come to realize that social media is about socializing and connecting with other people around the world, interacting with other people or their content does not threaten my privacy. Not only can I do both; I can keep up a balance. So, here is to a more social media active GIRL.
– Keep in touch. Another thing I want to do better this year is to keep in touch better with friends and loved ones. Sometimes, I get calls from friends and I do not have words out of shame for not reaching out to them in so long. i’ll do better.
– Consistent, relevant, fun contents and overall blog experience for you my lovely readers from me. I love and appreciate every one of you so much. Thank you for sticking with me. I’ve decided to have my first ever giveaway come February just in time for valentine and in the spirit of love. What do you suggest? let me know. Not forgetting that there will be more skin care, fitness, thrift tales and tips, out in the city post this year (it’s a lifestyle blog after all; my life style!).
– Spread my wings… sow my oats! yes, its time for me to write more for/on other blogs, magazines, website etc. It’s time to meet young creatives, mentors, read books, live life, fall in love, be that special person to my man, learn a foreign language, make short films, tell significant stories, work with brands and collaborate on unique ideas and projects. Cliché? I don’t care…its time.
– Financially savvy. I am not the most financially savvy person I know.. but, I know when I put my mind to something..I go hard till I get the results I need. That’s how I know I’m on my way to becoming badass at money management, that’s how I know I will make wise investments as well as get into profitable ventures that consist but is not limited to good saving and spending habit.
There guys… our first post for the year.
Lastly guys, does it seems like New Year Resolution is taking the back sit for “Plans”. Is plan the new it thing or just another name for New Year Resolution? Are you really going to stick to those plans better than you did your resolutions all of a sudden because, it’s now a plan or are you jumping into the band wagon? Then again, it just might be time to hand the resolution boots and actually start to list timing, steps and resources through which our aim(s) can be achieved. What’s your take on the seeming “Decline of New Year resolutions in 2018? do share!