Fashion

MY 5 DAILY ESSENTIALS ~ #LIFESTYLE.

Hey loves,

A beautiful Sunday to you all.

How’s your weekend being? Mine? Sad 😭. I lost my photo files and I have tried everything possible to retrieve them to no avail.

What saddens me most is that today’s post was supposed to be a post on how I got rid of my acne reactions. Now, the photos I took while the acne reaction was widespread on my face is part of the photos I lost.

How do I do a post on how I got rid of acne without picture prove.

*cries some more in Igbo language 😭*

Well… I thought to still post something relevant to me in my daily life that you guys may also find helpful. So, here are my 5 daily essentials.

Green tea: Now you might have heard me say this a couple of times before but I don’t know what my stomach would be without green tea. It helps my slow digestive system break down food faster and I notice how flatter my stomach appears in the following morning after a cup of green tea the night before. Try it! 😉

Journal: Now, I don’t know if you happen to be one of us who tend to sometimes forget their dreams. Yes, most times I wake from a dream. I write it down and go back to sleep…that way I don’t forget what I dreamt of. Again, blog post ideas are something you don’t wanna forget so my journal follows me everywhere all through the day. You’ll find all type of things on my journal. ‘To do list, Affirmations, goal sheet,’ etc. it’s become a lifestyle.

Cleanser/Sunscreen: if you have never seen the need of any of these items please do. I love facial cleanser and how the wipe clean the face of any makeup residues. I use this brand you see in the photo now as it helped me rid an acne reaction I had and it’s very mild on the skin. Also, I never believed in sunscreen until I lived in Ilorin and experienced sunburn. Yes, actual sunburn on my face. Yes, I am dark skinned  Don’t fall for the melanin fad of not needing sunscreen. Get yourself one. Especially, if you live in a very sunny place.

Sunglasses: Not only are shades pretty but sunglasses do a good job at protecting my eyes from sun ray which worsens my sight. If you’re one of those ‘four eyed’ gang who wear recommended glasses but keep it low key and don’t want people to know. Sunglasses helps a great deal.

Natural oils: Where do I start from in telling you about the goodness of natural oils, essential and carrier oils alike. They’ve got amazing benefits for the skin and hair without harmful chemicals that most products are packed with. Some of my favorite include Almond oil which I use on my face, Neem oil which smells horrible but does a great job for the hair, I apply it on my hair every night before bed and Carrot oil. Just make sure you dilute your essential oils well with carrier oils and try not to use comedogenic oils on your face to avoid break outs.

So, there you have it. My 5 daily essentials. Of course there are more to my daily essentials but I chose to talk about these 5 today. Will write on the others subsequently.

Feel free to ask me questions on whichever one of the above mentioned you want tips or clarification on below in the comment section. I’d give you the reply. Also, share yours so I can take pointers from you! There’s love in sharing. 🌸

Ps: do let me know if you’ll want me to go ahead with the ‘How I got rid of my acne’ post.

Love, Bennymakachi!

15 Comments

1. Jolaade

April 30, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Sorry about d pictures love. I take green tea but evry morning, i also av a JOURNAL, i don’t do sunscreen fa tot it was a white girl thing but i guess i av to buy myself one 🙈

1. Benita Makachi

April 30, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Thank you! Please, get yourself one. It’s important!

1. Benita Makachi

April 30, 2017 at 2:56 pm

As soon as I get to Abuja I’ll bring you some over, darling!

2. Oreoluwa

April 30, 2017 at 3:48 pm

how do one get ever get over losing photo files? howwwwww. so sorry about this, hopefully, you get them back (a miracle can happen). you keep giving me reasons to believe that we may be soul sisters.

Oréoluwa’s blog

1. Benita Makachi

April 30, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Sweetie, I’m still in shock, only consolation is that I’ll make better ones. Amen! Yass to being soul sisters. 😜

3. Lydia

May 1, 2017 at 8:22 am

Journal and sunscreen are essential for me.
    I need to get me a pair of sunglasses, Yours are cute.

1. Benita Makachi

May 1, 2017 at 10:24 am

I’m glad you agree. They’re so necessary. Thank you!

4. Olotu Funke

May 1, 2017 at 10:00 pm

I’ve heard you say alot about green tea on instagram and i always say i will start using it but then….
    sorry about your pictures dear, you will get way better ones

5. MEEJAKES

May 4, 2017 at 10:34 am

Been Trying To Find GOOD SUNSCREEN For My Skin. I Never Wear STUFf That Leave Out Skin Cos The Sun Just ROASTS It. Please RECOMMEND!!
    The Sun IN Accra Is deadly😥

1. Benita Makachi

May 4, 2017 at 3:45 pm

I get the struggle. To find a good one that doesn’t leave white cast or bleach the skin. I’ll recommend the one I use for you.

6. Lade

May 4, 2017 at 1:08 pm

Sorry about the pictures ayee i feel your pain!! but how does crying in igbo language sound like though lol
    I’m not a tea person lol so i can’t relate but i always carry a book around and lots of tissue!!!! can’t catch me outside without tissue mahn
    I’ve recently started using coconut oil and its amazing. will try to check for these ones you have mentioned
    great post!

toyinwithfashion.com

1. Benita Makachi

May 4, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Thank you! Silly girl! Only you would ask that question. I’ll show you when next you’re around. Tissue! Tissue!! Tissue!! Best blotting paper. I carry a lot around too. I’m not a huge fan of coconut oil. It’s causes break out for me. Thanks for stopping by!

7. Sarah

May 4, 2017 at 1:25 pm

sorry about the lost picture, i think you should still go ahead with the post however. Now while i would’nt say sunglasses is my daily essential, they are perfect in covering your eyes from dust and abuja can be dusty.
    Princess Audu

1. Benita Makachi

May 4, 2017 at 3:43 pm

Thanks Sarah, I actually found a picture and did the post. It’s my latest post. Very true! Abuja is super dusty and sunny. Although not as much as Ilorin. I definitely carry my sunglasses everywhere when I’m at home (Abuja)